Senior Compliance Risk Manager (Information Governance)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Senior Compliance Risk Manager (Information Governance)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Senior Compliance Risk Manager (Information Governance) for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office I, Plano Legacy, Phoenix Campus or Tampa Crosstown.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Ability to assess cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures for key cybersecurity concepts (access to programs and data, changes to programs and data, IT operations, etc.) in order to identify gaps with regulatory requirements (OCC, FFIEC, NYDFS, etc.) and information security frameworks (NIST, COBIT, ACIPA TSP, etc.)
- Ability to assess information security control design and operational effectiveness for various applications, databases, operating systems, and networks
- Deep understanding of Information Governance Standards such as Data Quality, Metadata Management, Data Development Life Cycle, Sensitive Data Management, Information Lifecycle Management, Reference Data and Master Data Management, Information Architecture.
- Knowledge of analytical environments and tools, including cloud technologies.
- Understanding of agile principles and experience partnering with Agile IT project teams to drive Information Governance Compliance for on prem and cloud initiatives
- Knowledge and experience with Bank, Property & Casualty and Financial Services, data, and/or systems.
- Experience in creating partnerships with key stakeholders, such as audit, legal, and information security, to influence and align business-area actions that are needed to achieve program objectives.
- Expertise in designing, implementing, and/or enhancing an information governance strategy.
- Ability to communicate the impact of cybersecurity control effectiveness on business processes to nontechnical stakeholders
- Ability to communicate gaps in cybersecurity control design to control owners and make meaningful recommendations and provide credible challenge.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment.
- CISSP, CISM, or similar certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.