Senior Auditor - IT/Cyber Security
With USAA, you can serve a bigger purpose as part of a company driven by strong core values. On a collaborative team, you will advance your business skills, knowledge and acumen to enhance the control environment across USAA. Your career mobility will be a priority as you receive robust training and professional development. Come build a career that’s as rewarding as it is meaningful.
- Full Time
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Senior Auditor - IT/Cyber Security at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Good listener
Here's what our people are saying
“Having the opportunity to be trusted advisors across USAA, and the exposure to executive leadership, is a huge blessing at such a pivotal part of my career.”
“We come together as a team and family that truly cares about each other. USAA is a place where living our core values comes naturally, because that’s who we are at and away from work. ”
Sylvia S.Senior Audit Manager
“The clearly defined USAA mission gives all employees a clear directive and all lines of business work collaboratively to strengthen the organization. This leads to a great team environment where all perspectives are appreciated. ”
Amy C.Senior Audit Manager Lead
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Senior Auditor - IT/Cyber Security
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Senior Auditor – IT/Cyber Security for the San Antonio Home Office I, Plano Legacy, Phoenix, Tampa, Charlotte or 100% remote work environment. Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
Executes and may lead moderately complex audit assignments. Identifies problems and resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements across the organization. Performs risk and control identification and evaluation, advanced audit techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and interviews. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Leads and executes moderately complex audit engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and projects and reviewing work papers.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Conducts or assists with continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Prioritizes work to meet milestones without compromising quality.
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement evaluations when applicable.
- Performs and updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data (including risk trends, risk levels, and/or control/process weaknesses).
- Communicates effectively with audit leaders, and clients/business leaders to include delivering both risk-based and difficult messages.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for corrective action; drafts related issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field.
- Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- OR relevant Master's Degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4 years’ experience in large financial services IT/Security internal audit department, or equivalent IT/Security audit experience to include top tier firm (Big 4, Protiviti, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls, business and information technology risks (focus on cyber security risk and controls evaluations) and/or audit techniques in a large financial services organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience of cyber security technologies including firewall, IDS/IPS, DLP, Proxies, anti-malware, CASB, email security, remote access, security baseline, SIEM, PKI, data encryption/tokenization…
- Knowledge of industry frameworks utilized for cyber security (NIST, ISO, etc)
- Preferred designations include CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), or other relevant business designations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/23/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Senior Business Risk and Controls (Real Estate Servicing/ TPRM Oversight) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Development Product Owner I San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Reporting Analyst - Mortgage RE Lead Distribution Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Strategy Analyst Senior (Office and/or Remote) Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida | San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia