Risk Analyst I (Fraud and AML Team)
With USAA, you can make a difference in the lives of our members. Among an inspiring team, you will develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and applications. Through your deep experience in various disciplines, you will apply diverse methodologies to solve complex and undefined risk-related problems. Come build a meaningful career and work alongside leadership to drive USAA forward.
What makes a successful Risk Analyst I (Fraud and AML Team) at USAA? Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Results driven
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Here's what our people are saying
“The leadership team is committed to enabling employees to learn and grow. I am proud to work for a company that focuses so clearly on doing the right thing for our members and our employees. That commitment and drive is evident as we work together to ensure effective Risk Management throughout the lines of defense.”
Jackie GalvinRisk Analyst, Senior
“USAA reminds me every day that while we take care of each other and those who count on us to serve them, we will absolutely be rewarded. We are truly blessed to work for such a great company, alongside all the amazing people who are diligently dedicated to fulfill our commitment to become a fully compliant company.”
Zyn NieDirector Quantitative Risk Management
“I love working at USAA. I feel empowered as a risk professional and I enjoy working alongside leaders who are passionate and mission focused.”
Ashley Morrison Lead Risk Analyst
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Risk Analyst I (Fraud and AML Team)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Risk Analyst I (Fraud and AML Team) for our San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; and Tampa, FL facilities.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the appropriate governance bodies.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission daily. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Contributes to the implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies working knowledge to assess data and produce analytical insights to understand business objectives, drive risk-based business decisions and influence solution strategies.
- Effectively contributes in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Provides oversight of risk through documentation review, assessment of performance monitoring, model validation, and use implementation
- Supports the formulation of scenario analysis and/or stress test plans, including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other quantitative discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area OR advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management and 2 years work of experience in a discipline relevant to risk management OR PhD in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles, tools and applicable systems.
- Risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance and/or financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and influence business outcomes.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decisions.
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to resolve issues.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Preferred certifications include CFE and/or appropriate Risk Management certificates.
- Experience implementing and providing risk coverage programs (Monitoring, Assessing, and Testing) on enterprise fraud 1st line of defense.
- Familiarity with fraud detection software solutions.
- Experience with anti-fraud data analytics testing techniques for detecting and investigating corruption, asset misappropriation, and financial statement fraud.
- Federal, state / municipal, or military law enforcement experience specific to financial services fraud forensics.
- Strong understanding of industry laws and regulations in reference to Financial Crimes (i.e., federal, state preemption laws, etc.).
- Extensive experience providing implementing risk oversight programs for Enterprise Fraud Management that includes performing and/or establishing risk assessments, issue management, RCSA’s, control reviews, testing, KRI’s, operational loss and risk appetite.
- Regulatory risk management experience which includes development and execution of action plans, remediation, sustainability, and interactions with regulators.
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk and controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and teammates and influence change
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 4/1/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.