Real Estate Oversight Governance Advisor I
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Real Estate Oversight Governance Advisor I
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Real Estate Oversight Governance Advisor I for one of the following locations: Remote, San Antonio Home Office I, Plano Legacy, Phoenix Campus, Tampa Campus, Colorado Springs Campus or Chesapeake.
Responsible for overseeing and monitoring USAA's Servicing Oversight Program and overall performance through design, development and ongoing oversight. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing one or more of the following functions: loan servicing, call center operations, call monitoring, collections, loss mitigation, and default management operations, managing escrow accounts, investor accounting, investor reporting, invoice reconciliation, claims filing, credit monitoring, and ad hoc requests. Ensures the overall quality, effectiveness, performance, and service excellence. This role also contributes to the design and planning of the Servicing Oversight Program and is responsible for developing controls, measuring their effectiveness, and ensuring proper procedures are in place for continuous monitoring of the sub-servicer to meet the level of service required by the Government-Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) and regulators. Works in collaboration with internal and external partners to deliver timely feedback. Coordinates with other functional areas such as Compliance/Legal, Process Excellence, Experience Owners, Operations, Business Controls, Vendor Management/GSD, and Reporting.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Updates the subservicing testing procedures with the most current State and Federal requirements including compliance testing methodologies to ensure operations is continually improving and compliant.
- Samples critical, medium, and higher risk controls and publishes findings to senior leadership as a Quality Assurance finding.
- Manages deliverables on compliance and internal business projects providing timely and accurate updates as required to stakeholders.
- Ensures documents and records are appropriately maintained; required to document any compliance, or legal requirements for servicing loans.
- Performs root cause analysis and resolution.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related mortgage service experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (8 years of experience total in lieu of degree).
- 4 years of experience in the mortgage servicing industry, quality assurance, quality control, audit, and/or vendor management.
- Proficient understanding of Residential Mortgage Servicing, including Loan Administration and Default Management.
- Experience managing internal and external partners building and maintaining relationships.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 4 years’ experience with First Mortgage and Home Equity SCRA processing, management, compliance and risk assessment.
- 4 years’ experience reviewing and responding to regulatory feedback related to SCRA.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/26/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.