Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Model Risk Management
With USAA, you can make a difference in the lives of our members. Among an inspiring team, you will develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and applications. Through your deep experience in various disciplines, you will apply diverse methodologies to solve complex and undefined risk-related problems. Come build a meaningful career and work alongside leadership to drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- Mid Level
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Model Risk Management at USAA? Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Results driven
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Here's what our people are saying
“The leadership team is committed to enabling employees to learn and grow. I am proud to work for a company that focuses so clearly on doing the right thing for our members and our employees. That commitment and drive is evident as we work together to ensure effective Risk Management throughout the lines of defense.”
Jackie GalvinRisk Analyst, Senior
“USAA reminds me every day that while we take care of each other and those who count on us to serve them, we will absolutely be rewarded. We are truly blessed to work for such a great company, alongside all the amazing people who are diligently dedicated to fulfill our commitment to become a fully compliant company.”
Zyn NieDirector Quantitative Risk Management
“I love working at USAA. I feel empowered as a risk professional and I enjoy working alongside leaders who are passionate and mission focused.”
Ashley Morrison Lead Risk Analyst
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Model Risk Management
Purpose of JobProvides Model Risk Management support for the bank in the areas of quality control and governance, to include but not limited to documentation review prior to model validation, model definitions, inventory, categorization and regulatory expectations. Acts as a subject matter expert in advising and consulting the business as appropriate on model risk quality and governance matters. Not all responsibilities listed below pertain to this specific opportunity.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Utilizes industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- May engage in model validation and/or produce model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change using developed knowledge.
- May translate recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Produces advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- May create statistical reporting and financial analysis to forecast results for required stress test scenarios.
- Analyzes and challenges stress testing results and partners with relevant functions to validate those results.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 2 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 4+ years involvement with quantitative analytical work, statistical analysis, financial modeling, risk management reporting, portfolio analysis, etc.
- Risk Management functional experience in Model Governance or Validation functions, specifically dealing with banking models (Credit Risk, ALM, PPNR, CCAR, Ops Loss)
- Experience interacting, in both written and verbal communication, with cross-functional teams and committees to understand modeling techniques, report findings, etc.
- Financial services industry, model vendor or consulting experience with consumer lending focus.
- Working towards one or more of the following designations:
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/22/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.