Manager, Real Estate Processing
Purpose of JobThis role has a work from home optioin.
Manages a team of processors dedicated to executing an efficient, scalable, compliant process that delivers an outstanding mortgage fulfillment service to our members. Drives accountability and performance to achieve desired business results. Leads employees through regular coaching and feedback that results in a high performing team, top tier employee engagement and proactive employee development. Identifies and implements continuous process improvements and leads organizational process changes. Ensures compliance with policies, procedures and compliance and regulatory requirements.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Provides oversight to ensure all loans are processed in accordance with prescribed policies, procedures and investor guidelines.
- Leads and drives team to meet or exceed all established Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for Fulfillment.
- Responsible for the daily proactive pipeline management required to meet disposition targets and member keep informed routines.
- Meets or exceeds team’s monthly performance goals to include production, quality, compliance and member satisfaction.
- Performs routine reviews of member contact and agreed upon proactive pipeline management routines.
- Identifies and implements process improvements that will help the team achieve target performance metrics.
- Maintains working knowledge of the Real Estate Lending guidelines and delivers ad-hoc training to the team aimed at closing process or procedure gaps.
- Maintains working knowledge of industry trends and industry best practices.
- Acts as first line of defense for escalations and makes appropriate risk decisions based on policies and guidelines
- Serves as a team leader, coach, mentor, role model, and change agent to a team of front-line employees in fulfillment of our mission.
- Performs managerial duties to include quarterly performance evaluations, salary reviews, performance management, behavior modification, career counseling, and resolution of employee issues.
- Responsible for staffing, onboarding and retaining a team of mortgage professionals.
- Successful and timely completion of all compliance courses and assessments, as required by the business.
- Responsible for overall expense management inclusive of concessions and third-party expenses.
- Serves as a resource to the team and facilitates and/or coordinates unit training needs.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree .
- 6 years of Mortgage Banking Originations Experience.
- 6 years of functional and technical expertise of mortgage loan Fulfillment demonstrated through progressive related experience within processing, closing, or underwriting function.
- 3 years of leadership, direct supervisory or direct management experience required.
- Successful completion of mortgage products assessment and or certification required.
- NMLS registration required.
- 3 years of direct management experience in mortgage industry to include Real Estate processing, underwriting, closing, loan origination.
- 3 years of mortgage processing experience in the banking industry.
- 3 years’ experience working in a large financial institution.
- Strong pipeline management and coaching routine.
- Strong mortgage compliance background.
- People leader who can motivate and create a high functioning team.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300 - $108,600.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.