Manager, Member AdvocacyLocation Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0035202 Date posted Jul. 09, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobManages a Member Relations team dedicated to facilitating timely, accurate and appropriate responses to communications addressed to USAA's executive management group, Chairman and Board of Directors. Develops employees through regular coaching and feedback to achieve continuous improvement while maintaining compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations. Executes process improvements and leads organizational process changes.
- Selects, develops, and supports employees in fulfillment of our Corporate Mission.
- Provides coaching and feedback that leads to sound business results.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional development and career progression.
- Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform support the Operating State.
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and presents recommendations to executive leadership.
- Implements and monitors processes and performance standards and provides feedback for improvements to process and product owners.
- Removes obstacles and champions change.
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Serves as the point of contact for escalated member complaints and inquiries addressed to senior officers and manages the processes for resolving complaints according to regulatory standards.
- Reviews and edits responses to member correspondence for the CoSA presidents/senior officers to confirm affirm ensure responses are appropriate, accurate, and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and reviews workload to ensure that all compliance requirements are addressed appropriately, timely, and accurately associated with case management.
- Provides consistent coaching and guidance related to all aspects of issue/complaint management.
- Serves as the point of contact for escalated member complaints and inquiries addressed to USAA's executive management group.
- Keeps senior officers informed of status, resolution efforts, and overall metrics results.
- Partners with CoSA presidents, executive officers and Enterprise Member Relations for consistent implementation and execution of member communication policies and processes.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years of relevant experience or industry sales/service experience
- 2 or more years of management and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- 2 or more years of experience handling escalations and conflict resolution
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 1+ years complaints management experience that includes the implementation of complex initiatives and development of policies, procedures and training
- Proven experience collaborating with business partners and leveraging complaints intelligence to identify emerging risks, issues, and drive continuous improvements
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory environment within the financial services industry; OCC, FED, CFPB, FDIC
- 3+ years of large financial institution/retail banking experience
- 2+ years of experience leading teams to include virtual
- 1+ years of experience in a contact center environment
- Strong executive presence
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/15/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.