Manager, LicensingLocation Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0029844 Date posted May. 07, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Manager, Licensing for our Phoenix, AZ or Tampa, FL facility.
Oversees, coordinates, and monitors the licensing of P&C and FSG employees to comply with relevant licensing laws and regulations. Ensures that all background checks are completed and coordinates with People Services on initial screening of new hires. Monitors continuing education requirements for each employee, by state, and coordinates with Learning Systems to ensure timely completion of required courses.
- Coordinates, monitors and tracks employee licenses, appointments, continuing education and background checks.
- Reviews regulatory and industry standards to ensure licensing compliance.
- In conjunction with Director, Licensing, communicates with legal staff, state regulatory agencies, and front-line management regarding licensing requirements and compliance.
- Makes recommendations to improve Licensing procedures and processes.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, legislation, legal environment, internal systems, operation and staff functions in order to initiate and respond to change.
- Maintains knowledge of company operations for all lines of business.
- Develops and maintains professional and technical knowledge of tools and processes supporting licensing and registration operations and leverages new technology to support the changing operational environment.
- Acts as registered principal for written supervisory procedures and requirements of FINRA regulations and reporting.
- Assists Director, Licensing in monitoring performance of third-party vendors providing services in the licensing process.
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, performance evaluations, counseling, and all manager related administrative functions.
- Bachelor's degree required (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 6 or more years of experience as a subject matter expert in regulation, compliance, audit or comparable work experience.
- 2 years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Applicable license(s) as required (i.e. FINRA Series 7 or 24, P&C license) OR ability to obtain required license(s) within 120 days of job entry.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Currently active, or previously held, GS (S7) and GP (S24) securities registrations.
- Working knowledge of insurance producer, and/or insurance adjuster, and/or securities license acquisition and maintenance according to state and/or FINRA rule requirements.
- Strong knowledge of multiple state insurance licensing laws affecting the Company.
- 3 years of experience leading staff in management or supervisory positions.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- High level of personal responsibility and integrity.
- This position will direct the design, development, implementation and management of property and casualty, and life health agent licensing, adjuster licensing, and registered representative securities registration programs and practices in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and business objectives. Ensures licensing compliance with applicable laws and regulations and operating policies and procedures. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities in management of licensing requirements. Seeks opportunity to resolve complex problems and develop and improve team processes. Builds and maintains a highly effective team, fostering a team focused environment.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 05/12/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Reporting Analyst - Senior Level (Enterprise Risk Management) Phoenix, Arizona
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Lead – P&C Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst Lead Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas