Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Manager, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
Purpose of JobManages and leads a staff in delivering best-in-class Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) enterprise services to business partners and in meeting USAA's regulatory requirements of preventing, detecting, and reporting suspected money laundering and terrorist financing activities. Provides AML operational oversight and compliance solutions for USAA and its affiliates.
- Manages the daily operations of AML staff by overseeing alert/case volumes and providing ongoing coaching, guidance, and training.
- Serves as primary resource to team members on escalated AML detection/investigative issues and provides coaching and feedback to the team.
- Responsible for management functions including new employee selection, employee development, performance evaluation, and corrective action.
- Creates and implements unit objectives and policies and procedures to meet organizational goals and objectives in support of USAA and its membership.
- Oversees and manages designated AML prevention and detection environments and ensures regulatory and reporting requirements are met.
- Provides decisions on rules for money laundering activities and filing of referrals.
- Interacts with law enforcement and industry and regulatory authorities, as appropriate.
- Implements tactical and operational business compliance requirements.
- Identifies and implements corrective action for any outstanding AML or BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) and OFAC compliance issues.
- Collaborates with senior management in developing strategy, business plans/objectives for the AML/BSA team.
- Represents the AML/BSA unit on various committees, working groups and complex projects, or initiatives.
- Leads training sessions on AML awareness and processes.
- Maintains AML expert knowledge and keeps abreast of money laundering typology trends within USAA and industry-wide.
- Advises senior management of AML risk exposure based on suspected activity or employee misconduct or collusion related to ML/TF activity.
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years AML or financial crimes management or other relevant experience.
- 2 or more years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 6 or more years AML financial crimes risk management experience.
- 2 or more years of AML investigations management experience at a large financial institution.
- 1 or more years experience in reporting AML activity/trends to senior management.
- 1 or more years experience with capacity planning, forecasting, budgeting and developing metrics/measurements.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including with all lines of business, senior management, auditors, and regulators.
- Ability to manage and successfully execute several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced, high velocity of change, and results-driven environment.
- ACAMS, CFE, or CAFP certification.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 4/02/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.