Lead Compliance Risk Manager (Fair Lending)Location Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0041187 Date posted Dec. 02, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Lead Compliance Risk Manager (Fair Lending) for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX, Tampa, FL or Phoenix, AZ office.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
About the Team:
The Fair and Responsible Banking team work with the various business lines to help ensure practices and policies are appropriately designed to achieve compliance with all applicable fair lending laws and regulations. The fair lending team also collaborates with legal, risk, and audit functions, providing fair lending expertise related to regulatory compliance matters
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential compliance solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to influence business leadership on effective solutions and may represent leadership on complex issues.
- Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges.
- May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as the technical expert regarding compliance laws and regulations and provides direction to others on complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience required
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple on-going assignments.
- Exceptional follow-through discipline, with the ability to manage large volume of information on schedule.
- Advanced knowledge of fair lending compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Excellent skills in analyzing technical data, identifying trends and issues, and formulating effective solutions.
- Experience with the execution and/or development of a Fair Lending Compliance program within the 2nd line of Defense.
- Knowledge of how consumer financial products, such as mortgage and credit card are underwritten and priced.
- Experience with disparate impact, disparate treatment and redlining analysis.
- Experience in leading independent compliance analysis to monitor fair lending risks associated with various aspects of the credit product life cycle from acquisition to servicing.
- Capable in assisting in the execution of core components of the Compliance Risk Management program for Fair Lending including, Compliance Risk Assessment, Issue Management, Review of Complaints, and development of Training.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Commissioned Regulatory Examiner.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.