Lead Compliance Risk Manager (Complaint Management )Location Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0041502 Date posted Nov. 26, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Lead Compliance Risk Manager (Complaint Management) for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX, Tampa, FL, Phoenix, AZ office.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
About the Team:
This Lead Compliance Risk Manager – Complaint Management will be responsible for second line of defense complaint management activities, including involvement in complaint research, analysis, response, and reporting.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential compliance solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to influence business leadership on effective solutions and may represent leadership on complex issues.
- Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges.
- May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as the technical expert regarding compliance laws and regulations and provides direction to others on complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience required
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 8 years of compliance experience in either industry or as a former bank examiner/regulator
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Strong knowledge of compliance management system (CMS) requirements
- Strong knowledge of complaint management, including researching, analyzing, reporting customer complaints
- Experience with complaint reviews and response
- Experience with complaint data analytics processes, systems, and best practices
- Experience with consumer compliance laws and regulations, including Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP)
- Strong team player, supporting the team and working well within a team environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.