Lead Compliance Advisor – Information Security/Cyber SecurityLocation Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0034298 Date posted Jun. 10, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Lead Compliance Advisor – Information Security/Cyber Security for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise projects. Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes, and product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments.
- Leads and motivates cross functional team members in strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions.
- Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in interacting with compliance stakeholders or regulatory agencies.
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
- Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by promoting development of team relationships.
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential solutions, and leads crossfunctional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Directs analyses and root cause identification; develops and recommends compliance solutions impacting the enterprise.
- Establishes aggressive goals for the organization and monitors to ensure achievement.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Advises senior management on issues and has authority to make project related decisions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to senior leadership; negotiates solutions with leadership.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Develops action plans for advancing compliance initiatives and for resolving outstanding compliance issues.
- Anticipates how the organization must adapt to changes in the industry to sustain competitive advantage.
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Maintains expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges.
- Serves as the primary resource for crossfunctional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature.
- Serves as the technical expert, providing direction to others on complex issues, and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
- Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and requests, and ensures the execution of conduct examinations.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results; provides guidance to crossfunctional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of industry experience.
- 3 years of leadership experience.
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and of regulatory compliance.
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Expert Knowledge of financial institution and banking regulations with the ability to provide advisory services for business stakeholders. Knowledge should include Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Interagency Guidelines Establishing Information Security Standards, 12 CFR Part 30, Appendix B, Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information FRB SR 01-15 (SUP), PCI DSS Standards, 23 NYCRR 500, FFIEC IT Handbook and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Information Security Designations such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), CISCO Certified Network Associate
- Comprehensive understanding of risk assessment protocols to develop appropriate assessment models to evaluate program effectiveness and quantify information security and cybersecurity risks across the organization
- Experience performing cyber threat operations to include cyber threat prevention, knowledge of cybersecurity infrastructure and use of cybersecurity assessment tool (CAT) in the financial services, information technology industry or within a military branch
- Expert knowledge of information security identity and access management and delivery functions, application security and data access integrity
- Expert knowledge of third-party vendor security risk management and cyber supply chain management
- Expert knowledge of regulatory requirements, risk and industry standards associated with emerging technology, authentication capabilities, network design/security, cloud computing environment, the “dark web” and internet of things (IoT). Knowledge of leading Information Security industry frameworks (ie: NIST, ISO, SANS) and Information Security and Data governance models
- Experience interacting with regulators
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 06/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Reporting Analyst - Senior Level (Enterprise Risk Management) Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor II - Bank Loss Data San Antonio, Texas
- Director Compliance Risk Management-Health Insurance San Antonio, Texas
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Lead – P&C Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida