Java Developer with DevOps experienceLocation Phoenix, Arizona Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona; Job ID R0032630 Date posted May. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are looking for multiple Java developers with DevOps Experience – Mid Level for our expanding Phoenix, Arizona campus.
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This is an intermediate-level position. Incumbents acquire and apply maturing knowledge of the business, its products, and or processes and may participate in all phases of software development lifecycle. SDI IIs work with limited guidance on moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 4,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity.
- With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
- Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages.
- May begin to identify issues that impact availability.
- Bachelor's degree of four additional years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- 2 or more years of development experience in Java.
- Experience with DevOps Strategy.
- Experience supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Efforts.
- Experience with tools like Docker, Git Lab, Maven, Gradle, Puppet, Chef, UCD, Node Package Management.
- Experience with Selenium
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas. Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- PeopleSoft Financial Developer - Senior Level Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Integrations Engineer- Mid Level Phoenix, Arizona
- PeopleSoft Financials Developer - Mid Level Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- VP, Chief Information Officer - IT Capabilities & Integration Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas