IT Systems Analyst Lead (Remote Available)
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented IT Systems Analyst Lead for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, or remote work environment.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee’s manager.
The candidate selected for this position will join USAA's P&C IT Guidwire Platform team and will be responsible for overseeing Guidewire SLOs and ensure alignment between technology services and contracts. This person will make recommendations for improvements to agreements and SLOs, analyze availability and stability of Guidewire Platform, partner with external teams to ensure alerting and monitoring is in place and prepare executive reports on the health of the platform.
Provides SME liaising services between business and IT delivery functions for the purpose of enabling the on-boarding, enhancement and support of systems, applications and other technology solutions. Assesses evolving business requirements to include n establishing, evaluating and validating technical requirements. Recommends alternatives and/or enhancements to existing technology solutions. Researches and helps resolve production issues and defects.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Serves as the primary conduit between IT delivery functions and the business functions through which their technical requirements flow.
- Actively contributes to successful delivery by partnering with Program Management to understand and drive plans for strategy, transformation and operations.
- Accountable for ensuring readiness of scope, business goals and objectives prior to project initiation.
- Delivers coaching, mentoring and just-in-time training to team members through quality reviews and observation.
- Collaborates with IT function Architects on road maps and upgrade strategies.
- Performs high-level analyses on technical topics for pre-project and project topics.
- Supports Project Management and Practice leads with policy, procedures, and governance.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives in support of project strategy efforts.
- Serves as Voice of the Customer for Analyst community.
- Leads innovative opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity for the Analyst role.
- Identifies gaps and provides technical expertise in business requirements for system functional specifications and scales new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost-effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience in business and/or project management, business/system requirements and technical analysis.
- Expert knowledge of multiple solution delivery life cycles and Business Management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
- Expert working knowledge of business productivity products, tools and applications.
- Subject matter expert understanding of system architecture and knowledge of solution development concepts.
- Extensive experience in requirements management, from conception definition to implementation.
- Extensive experience with modeling techniques (e.g. UML) and use case development as well as experience with one or more software development frameworks
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience overseeing Guidewire SLOs and alignment with contracts.
- Experience making recommendations for improvements to agreements and SLOs.
- Experience analyzing availability and stability of Guidewire Platform.
- Experience partnering with external teams to ensure alerting and monitoring is in place.
- Experience preparing executive reports on the health of the platform
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.