Information Solutions Advisor ILocation Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0038883 Date posted Sep. 24, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobPartners with business leaders/champions and solution delivery teams to identify key performance indicators, business requirements and measures to support and deliver the Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy. Helps the business identify critical success factors and drives to the critical business questions that need to be answered in order to achieve the goals and objectives. Serves as a key to the successful deployment and adoption of the Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy with contributions such as helping to define the business problem, the critical questions to be answered, and the needed analytical capabilities / presentation of the relevant data that will drive functional and technical designs and 1-3-year roadmaps for BI solutions.
We are currently seeking a talented Information Solutions Advisor I for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III or the Phoenix Campus.
- Works with information strategy, program management, program owner, and key Stakeholders to understand end state vision, and required components that will enable the needed capabilities for desired end state across people, process, technology and information needs.
- Partners with business, IT and cross functional teams to accomplish program planning and development activities that will include BI design principles for conceptual and physical -data modeling, universe design, and semantic layer modeling; report and dashboard design, development, testing and deployment.
- Provides full life-cycle support and development of BI solutions from the development of the strategy execution plan through go-live support to include cross training and knowledge transfer to other BI Team members and business users.
- Contribute to the development and enhancements of standards and best practices.
- Understands the intersection of strategic needs, current goals and operational performance results to derive key performance indicators (KPIs) that will enable new and actionable insights.
- Collaborates with business leaders, architectural leads and SMEs (, IT, business architects, etc.) to build and understand the proposed roadmaps.
- Focus will be on identifying impacts to business, information and technical capabilities based on desired business needs.
- Partners with Business Sponsor, Stakeholders and SMEs and the Project Team to derive and define business requirements and drive functional and technical designs for Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions (Data Warehouse, ETL, Metadata, Operational/Tactical/Strategic Reporting, and Dashboards).
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline. Four additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- A Master's Degree in Business or Science discipline
- A PhD in Business or Science discipline
- If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years’ experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience
- If Master's Degree, 2 or more years’ experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience.
- If PhD, 1 or more years’ experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Previous experience working within an Agile Framework, including partnering with DPOs, Technical Teams, Architects, and Business Analysts to drive feature readiness
- Experience in coordinating with technical and business resources to define and analyze requirements, influence strategic direction/solutions, and ensure consistency/ completeness/quality of Bank data
- Proven ability to partner with internal stakeholders to drive adoption of new data governance standards or policies
- Excellent understanding of the data development life cycle
- Strong technical acumen; intermediate SQL and SAS skills/expertise
- Banking experience
- Agile certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 09/30/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- VP, Regulatory Affairs Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Secondary Marketing (Post Closing) San Antonio, Texas
- R0039675 Director, Compliance - Life Insurance / Annuities Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Bank Compliance Risk Manager Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida