Financial Advisor IIILocation Phoenix, Arizona Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona; Job ID R0030513 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently looking for Financial Advisors for our Phoenix, Arizona office.
Helps to ensure the financial security of our membership by assessing member current financial situations, providing advice, and making appropriate financial product recommendations based on the member's individual needs and goals.
- Receives request for advice from current members through various channels, including inbound and outbound phone calls and USAA.com messaging platform.
- Asks questions to discover key information and life events and understand need or problem.
- Documents relevant information.
- Assesses member financial situation and goals.
- Develops and communicates appropriate financial strategies based on individual member needs.
- Provides basic financial planning advice, including insurance protection, college funding, investments/asset allocation, debt management, retirement planning, estate planning, and income distribution strategy recommendations.
- Recommends relevant financial product and services.
- Motivates member to take action on recommendation(s) and overcomes objections using basic sales techniques and developing persuasion skills.
- Implements recommendation(s).
- Monitors legislative initiatives that may impact economy, society, and personal financial situation.
- Educates membership on implications of economic, investment market and industry trends and tax law changes, as well as USAA's financial products and services.
- Supports enterprise business goals through the achievement of individual referral and product acquisition goals.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of industry products and services.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Operates in a compliant manner, following approved policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Up to 2 years customer service and/or sales experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
- Must have Life and Health (Group 1) license or obtain Life and Health (Group 1) license within 90 days of hire date.
- Must have FINRA Series 7 license and 63 licenses.
- Must obtain FINRA Series 65 license within 90 days of hire date. Note: A FINRA Series 66 license can substitute for the FINRA Series 63 and 65 license requirement.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Life and Health insurance license.
- FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65).
- Two or more years investment and/or life insurance industry customer service and/or sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Chartered Financial Consultant designation.
- Chartered Life Underwriter or related designation.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.