Executive Operational Planning Manager (Bank Shared Services)Location Phoenix, Arizona Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona; Job ID R0036666 Date posted Aug. 13, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobResponsible for providing support to the senior-most Company/Staff Agency (CoSA) leaders through the interpretation of business operations and/or Centers of Excellence (CoE) analyses and initiatives, and the development of appropriate action plans and responses to address business issues and / or compliance and regulatory issues. Assists in the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans to achieve success within key results areas. Acts as liaison between business operations, both within and across CoSAs, enterprise CoEs and the CoSA staff member. Responsible for ensuring appropriate leaders, tools, and measures are in place to establish and sustain best-in-class performance.
We are currently seeking a talented Executive Operational Planning Manager for the Phoenix Office.
- Facilitates strategic and operational planning and implementation processes to assure that management is knowledgeable of process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Monitors, coordinates, documents, and communicates progress toward achievement of business goals, objectives, strategies and action plan results.
- Defines and sets objectives and content of messages to be communicated in concert with the Executive Council member's guidance, corporate mission and objectives, as well as the objectives of employee, member, and public communications.
- Evaluates the relevance of messages for intended audience and ensures consistency and accuracy.
- Provides advice and guidance, and negotiates approval of communication materials with executive management and subject-matter experts prior to securing final approval from the Executive Council member.
- Ensures communications meet established standards of appearance and content and that all logistical requirements are satisfied.
- Provides communications support to senior leadership for Board, strategic or operational planning events, monthly business meetings, and / or compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Supports and advises management through research and analysis of internal/external business data including industry best practices and competitive information.
- Holds responsibility for coordination of all EC and Board driven requirements.
- Provides oversight and support to project teams in development and implementation of employee CoSA events and business conferences.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- 6 or more years relevant business or industry experience.
- Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced ability to build strong relationships and to work with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging and effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Demonstrated capability to navigate in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks with competing deadline
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree or an advanced degree, such as an MBA.
- Experience with concept illustration and creation of visual aids.
- Experience developing deliverables cross-functionally
- Experience with process and program/project management & planning
- Ability to be proactive and have a comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment, anticipating needs and staying ahead of them
- Experience translating data & analysis conclusions into a compelling presentation (how you would tell the story behind the data)
- Experience drafting communication and managing deliverables on behalf of executive management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and high level of comfort/ease interacting with all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Experience with taking minutes for board, council or committee meetings
- Experience with developing content for senior leadership
- Experience working within or with Information Technology or Information Security
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management/compliance or regulatory experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area
- Experience working with banking regulators and requirements a plus
- Knowledge of Affiliate or 3rd Party Management Governance practices a plus
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 08/19/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Operations and Planning Executive Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas