Executive Director, Bank Information GovernanceLocation Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0033378 Date posted May. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobThe Bank Data Governance executive reports to the Bank’s Chief Data and Analytics Officer and will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight for FSB’s data quality and information governance functions. Directs the development and implementation of strategies that supports maturing USAA's information governance, data quality, and information asset management capabilities. Helps establish and enforce enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to industry best practices. Develops and implements data policies, standards, practices and processes specific to the bank when necessary for Banking Regulatory Compliance. Accountable for the quality of results from work produced by the team.
Defines and implements the data quality and information governance program to meet regulatory expectations and to support competitive advantage for USAA and FSB. Leads and directs teams focused on enabling and maturing information governance, data quality, and information asset management capabilities.
Designs and implements Data Stewardship and Governance, Data Reporting, Data Change Management processes and collaborates with business leadership and IT partners on data strategy to build trust in information and capabilities to leverage data as an asset to fuel growth.
Oversees the build out of the data framework including identifying data elements, lineage, owners and controls for all critical data and identifies and addresses existing data quality issues and implements roadmaps for tactical and strategic enhancements.
Advises executives on institutionalizing and maturing information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management capabilities to include providing advice on satisfying regulatory requirements related to information governance and management.
Partners with business and IT teams to drive effectiveness and value of information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management processes to the business.
Ensures team understands how the information management activities they are responsible for align with information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management activities performed by other teams.
Champions the importance of data as a key competitive advantage and differentiator with internal and external stakeholders and serves as a change agent to advance integrity, capability and data culture forward.
Partners with the risk leadership team to integrate risk management identification, assessment, monitoring and mitigation activities across all risk categories.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 or more years of related work experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum number or years required)
Minimum Work Experience
- 10 or more years of data governance and management experience with a financial institution, a fintech company, or a provider to the financial services business sector
- Conducting and reporting on data governance compliance
- Knowledge of banking laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance that will be applicable to USAA now and in the future
- Extensive experience working with banking examiners to demonstrate a robust data governance framework that meets their expectations, particularly OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve Board examiners and state examiners
- Experience reporting to senior management, the Board, and/or Committees of the Board on the status of data governance efforts
- A very high level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members, internal customers, senior management and the board
- Deep cloud data strategy experience, AWS preferred
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Able to adapt to quick changes in direction
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership
- Applying a growth mindset and an eagerness to innovate
The last day to apply to this posting will be May 29th.