Director of Risk Compliance Management- Fair LendingLocation Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0036126 Date posted Jul. 25, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobProvides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
We are currently seeking a Director of Risk Compliance Management – Fair Lending for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Fair and Responsible Banking team work with the various business lines to help ensure practices and policies are appropriately designed to achieve compliance with all applicable fair lending laws and regulations. The fair lending team also collaborates with legal, risk, and audit functions, providing fair lending expertise related to regulatory compliance matters.
- Provides oversight and manages through changes in the regulatory environment.
- Oversees compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Directs the review and assessment of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA project/process/product initiatives.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience required
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple on-going assignments.
- Exceptional follow-through discipline, with the ability to manage large volume of information on schedule.
- Capable of developing, designing and delivering fair lending compliance strategies to influence business leadership on effective solutions and represent leadership on complex fair lending issues.
- Experience in effectively overseeing core components of the Compliance Risk Management program for Fair Lending including, Compliance Risk Assessment, Issue Management, Review of Complaints, and development of Training.
- Proficient in collaborating with other compliance personnel in the design and maintenance of business line reports, including key risk indicators and key performance indicators, to monitor fair lending risk.
- Ability to maintain and expand expert fair lending knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key fair lending challenges.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Commissioned Regulatory Examiner.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/31/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Investment Analyst I (CIO) San Antonio, Texas