Director of Content Management System (CMS) Transformation
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director of Content Management System (CMS) Transformation for our Phoenix, AZ facility.
Directs, plans, and organizes activities of professional and administrative staff engaged in providing information technology services. Provides for technical leadership in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or maintenance of business solutions. Provides high level consultation and influence on technical solutions. Leads and directs change management, process improvement, or technical support initiatives cross-departmentally and within assigned unit. Contributes to and executes long- and short-term strategic direction. Advises senior management and provides input to aide in decision making.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, and monitoring an internal control environment, including preventative and detective controls, to effectively manage risks.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned technology support area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Oversees efforts in establishing documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for technology support functions and ensure adherence to standards across teams.
- Accountable for the identification, research, and analysis of end to end business, processes, and technology support opportunities.
- Develops and oversees metrics for technology support capabilities and/or processes (KPIs, KRIs, etc.).
- Creates a multi-year plan to operationalize a technology support strategy, with key milestones, deliverables, and realization targets.
- Oversees the creation and execution of departmental budgets and forecasts for applicable technology support function.
- Oversees the availability management of technology solutions / domains by applying strong change and incident management practices.
- Works across multiple functional areas and influences future business strategy to be able to best utilize available technology support functions as well as future ones.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and understands the direction of applicable technology support capabilities and ensures technology environment is agile enough to change quickly to support.
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of technology support services to meet those needs.
- Participates in the development of 3rd Party vendors strategy and provides oversight to ensure achievement of technology support objectives
- May provide oversight of vendor management activities including service agreements, staff augmentation and technology contracts.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in a technology function to include 3 years leadership experience, demonstrated in either a supervisor or individual contributor role, of IT Professionals in a Software Development/Engineering or Infrastructure environment
- Experience overseeing the technology life cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of technical domains that reside within Infrastructure Services, Data or Application Development.
- Experience conducting cost benefit analyses and leveraging results to drive technology support solutions.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in embedding intuitive story telling of technology support functions including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Previous experience managing multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early stages to avoid cost/time expenses.
- Experience and ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through technology support teams.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor contract management and management of distributed development teams and resources.
- Demonstrated financial acumen involving budgets, forecasting, and executing on the budgets for applicable technology support function.
- Advanced facilitation, collaboration and consensus building skills, with experience in presenting to cross-functional teams and Senior/Executive leaders.
- Experience in inspiring, leading, and defining vision, strategy and organizational change.
- Demonstrated experience in explaining complex technology decisions to both technical and nontechnical audiences at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change at the executive level and team level.
- Understanding of relevant industry frameworks, i.e. COBIT, ITIL, SAFe, etc.
- Understanding of Legislative and Regulatory Compliance Requirements
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Significant knowledge of Enterprise Content Management Systems and scaled enterprise integrations
- Experience driving large technology transformation journeys utilizing Agile development practices and scaling frameworks
- Extensive experience managing multiple senior executive customers and stakeholders both inside and outside of department
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic enterprise goals
- Strong technical acumen in the areas of Content Management Systems, Cloud technology, API development, industry practices and emerging trends
- Prior success managing large complex vendor relationships to include contract management
- Knowledge of risk management and compliance legislations and regulations impacting USAA IT systems
- Experience in the full lifecycle management of a large technology portfolio
- Experience leading a large geographically separated workforce
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/4/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Executive, Bank AML Application Development Plano, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida