Director, Compliance Risk Management
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Director, Compliance Risk Management
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented and motivated Director, Compliance Risk Management for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, and Tampa, FL campus locations.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members. Manages and leads a staff in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical solutions to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to USAA. Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
- Provides oversight and manages through changes in the regulatory environment.
- Oversees compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Directs the review and assessment of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA project/process/product initiatives.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing across the Compliance Management System elements.
- Experience to include bank products.
- Advanced Compliance or legal experience to include managing regulatory exams, analyzing new laws and regulations, Compliance Monitoring and/or Testing.
- Experience analyzing state and federal regulations.
- Proven experience influencing, collaborating and briefing members of senior management.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.