Director, Compliance Risk ManagementLocation Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0036497 Date posted Aug. 13, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented and motivated Director, Compliance Risk Management for our San Antonio, TX, Tampa, Fl (Crosstown), Phoenix, AZ, or remote locations.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members. Creates, directs and manages the overall strategy and ongoing execution of compliance & risk professional development program. Additionally, develops strategic and tactical E-learning training solutions to protect and minimize operational compliance risk to USAA. Provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
- Provides oversight and manages through changes in the regulatory environment.
- Oversees compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Directs the review and assessment of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA project/process/product initiatives.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- May manage federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience.
- 3 years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Previous experience developing executive briefs and presenting to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strategic planning and business process methodologies, tools, and practices.
- Managing the delivery of compliance & risk training using various modalities through a mix of internal, contract, and third- party solutions.
- Experience in building a professional development program (Compliance & Risk preferably).
- Knowledge of Instructional Design tools Articulate 360, Captivate and Camtasia.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption Advisory Principal San Antonio, Texas |
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABAC) Compliance Risk Manager Senior San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor I – Real Estate Controls San Antonio, Texas
- Director Risk Management - Risk Governance Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas