Director, Claims OperationsLocation Phoenix, Arizona Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona; Job ID R0041486 Date posted Dec. 02, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of Job***Seeking qualified candidates who are able and willing to work in the USAA Phoenix office location***
Responsible for the adjustment of auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or the management of catastrophe operations and the results achieved. Oversees and coordinates activities of claims through subordinate management. Responsible for implementation of claims initiatives and achievement of assigned goals and objectives. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Directs auto, property, and physical damage claims and/or catastrophe operational activities through subordinate managers.
- Responsible for achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the resources to deliver the appropriate claims service.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and the fair claims settlement practices act.
- Provides guidance on technical matters, monitors claims reserves and extends settlement authority.
- Responsible for service, loss control, and loss adjustment expense.
- Identifies trends and develops action plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring, employee development, coaching, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluation and all management related functions while building future capability and developing next generation leaders.
- Understands, researches, and works to influence the financial impact for their respective business area.
- Inspires a high performance team that works to deliver beautiful experiences to the members and achieve exceptional results.
- Bachelor’s Degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree
- 8 or more years of applicable P&C claims experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 3 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience OR 6 years P&C experience with 2 or more years P&C staff, process, or manager experience with Master's Degree or CPCU designation.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 4 years Property Claims Leadership experience
- Experience leading a team of 100 or more
- Demonstrated ability to perform critical review of property estimates
- Demonstrated ability to analyze contractual policy provisions in a multi-state environment to provide appropriate guidance and settlement authority
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Xactimate estimating platform
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Completed Master’s Degree or Completed Insurance or Process Engineering Designations (CPCU, SCLA, PCLA)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/8/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.