Director, Business Operations Analytics
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Director, Business Operations Analytics
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Business Operations Analytics for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, or remote facilities.
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for leading a team who compiles, analyzes and interprets data to make strategic and tactical recommendations to business managers. Applies descriptive statistical data to business operations and presents recommendations to senior management in a meaningful format. Participates in projects requiring reporting of key metrics. May partner with technology group to define business requirements, perform user acceptance testing and implement changes. Consults with the business client to understand, define and provide information to inform the problem and recommend solutions. Provides subject matter expertise on all matters of business analytical or operational data needs. Works closely with enterprise and business process owners to integrate data analytics into business processes to improve business performance.
This role will lead a high-performance team of data analysts for the Audit Services function. Day to day activities include establishing analytics strategies, resource plans, and direct supervision to ensure department and team strategies are established and executed timely. The role requires management and oversight of budgets, plan prioritization, escalations, and reporting for department, teams, and practices stakeholders. The role requires knowledge and application of strong data/MIS tools, techniques, and industry trends to ensure leading edge practices are leveraged for efficient and effective audit assurance practices. The ideal candidate has prior IT, risk, compliance, and/or audit practices experiences, data/MIS background, and project management skills. Competencies in data management, visualization tools, and other large data management and analysis tools are a must.
- Partners with the business and Information Technology to identify future needs within data reporting, analytics and complex projects this includes retirement of reports and promotion of self service capabilities.
A strategic partner and subject matter expert in consulting and advising business partners on ad hoc or undefined matters related to business analytics and decision support solutions.
Identifies and pursues opportunities to utilize advanced data delivery and business solutions techniques to optimize their contribution to resolving business issues.
Interacts across key enterprise stakeholders to deliver and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting needs.
- Ensures teams maintain understanding of business processes, supporting data and applications and strategic direction.
Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
- Provides consulting to define the problem, provides insights into what happened and when, and suggests alternative performance metrics.
Fosters proactive communication between business/enterprise processes and analytics team to improve delivery, value and integration of analytics into business/enterprise processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of progressive related experience required.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Subject-matter-expert understanding of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Subject-matter-expert level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required
- Prior internal audit, consulting, risk, compliance, and or MIS management roles.
- Expected Technical Skills: Tableau, SAS, SQL, ACL, HADOOP, PYTHON
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/17/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time