Data Quality Analyst SeniorLocation Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0036538 Date posted Aug. 12, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of Job• Manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards. This role may be responsible for one or more information management function noted below:
Metadata includes defining and documenting data ensuring the information is understood. This may include working with project teams or support teams to define, redefine, or continue maintenance of the metadata.
Data Quality includes defining data quality rules ensuring data is measured and trusted. This may include working with project teams to define data quality requirements as well as ensuring ongoing assessments of data quality. Information Lifecycle Management includes archiving and purging of data to meet the needs of the business while reducing corporate risk.
Data Security and Privacy includes managing the security of data access as well as privacy of data sharing in compliance with external regulations and internal policies. This may include working with other departments to ensure compliance to GBLA, FCRA, PCI DSS, etc.
Master Data and Reference Data includes managing key corporate data to ensure the organization can manage its operations with accurate and consistent information.
- Leverages advance data management knowledge to support in one or many of the information management functions.
- Tasks may include any of the items noted below:
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Align best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Support metadata repository maintenance, access requests, and proper metadata association
- Review, validate, and record metadata and data quality information.
- Development of definitions, data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics of quality for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Development of controls to mitigate data quality risks including data quality plan development, monitoring data quality results, reports and dashboards, as appropriate.
- Identify and maintain data quality corrective action plans.
- Support compliance assessment process by reviewing and documenting failures from data quality compliance assessment checks.
- Support archiving and purging activities of data
- Develop archiving and purging strategies and processes
- Support compliance assessment process by identifying and escalating items that may be a risk to the corporation.
- Manage Data Access security as needed
- Support Privacy initiatives through analysis of sensitive data
- Ensure sensitive data is accessed and shared in accordance to defined policies and processes.
- Recommend Master and Reference Data processes and procedures to align with Enterprise Policies and Standards
- Create and maintain reference data in accordance to defined processes and procedures.
- Manage quality and maintenance of master data as it is created
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline.
- 4 years’ work experience in data management, data quality or business applications function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
- A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline.
- A PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
- 6 or more years of experience in one or more information management functions below and any relevant tools
- Data Quality including metrics, dashboards, advance knowledge of frequency and duplicate analysis, cross dataset dependencies, orphan `child data' rows, redundancy analysis, etc.
- Information Lifecycle Management including archiving, purging, content and document management
- Master and Reference Data
- Data Security & Privacy
- Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline PLUS 4 or more years of experience in a data management/quality analytic function.
- Master's Degree and PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline and 3 or more years’ experience in a data management/quality analytic function.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience with computer software tools including; scripting language (Python), Querying Language (SQL, Hive), Spreadsheet (Excel) and statistical Language (SAS, SPSS) is preferred..
- Experience with Database access controls and security guidelines to protect sensitive data.
- Experience with reporting metrics, dashboard creation( Tableau) and monitoring technologies
- Experience having supported Enterprise wide rollout of information security tools
- Experience with enterprise level policies/standards/controls for securing PCI/PII Data
- Knowledge of Data Management & Governance policies, standards, processes & technologies
- Experience with communication and change management
- Strong background in sensitive data controls to protect PCI, PHI, PII and IP data
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 08/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Manager Senior, Business Intelligence Analytics Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Lead Business Information Architect San Antonio, Texas
- Metadata Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Data Quality Analyst Senior (San Antonio, TX/Phoenix, AZ) Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas