Customer Service Claims Intern
Customer service is at our core. USAA is known for our legendary commitment to our members and is consistently recognized for outstanding service, employee well-being, and financial strength. Customer service is also one of the largest business areas at USAA, providing an exciting workplace with unlimited opportunities to build and grow your career step by step. Come join the team and together we can drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Customer Service Claims Intern at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Sales experience
Here's what our people are saying
“I appreciate working for a company that actually lives by their core values. Service, Loyalty, Honesty and Integrity. I am proud to be a part of a company who goes above and beyond for not only our members, but also for our employees, to ensure our financial security and well-being is a top priority.”
Alex R.Loan Officer
“As a Marine Corps veteran, I know it’s no meager thing to be able to honestly say “I’m proud of what I do.” At USAA, I am proud of the work that I do, the membership I work for and the team that I work with. From my manager on up to my CEO, I’m routinely impressed by my leadership and their commitment to our well-being and development, all in the pursuit of being the best at what we do: Serving those who served.”
William H.Member Solutions Specialist
“The world class benefits package enables employees to focus on their careers regardless of what life brings to us. I am grateful to work for a company that has supported me through deployments, cross country moves, and natural disasters. The support and communication provided illustrates how much we are valued and empowers us to fulfill the mission and serve our members. ”
Mary M.Member Solutions Senior Specialist
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Customer Service Claims Intern
Purpose of JobUSAA’s 10-week, summer internship program offers college students the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a Fortune 100 company and leading financial services organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor. While gaining insight into the service of the military community and USAA’s noble mission, interns are immediately part of USAA’s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at USAA and gain a career where you can make a difference!
Our 2021 summer internship program will start on May 24, 2021 and last through July 30, 2021. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program.
- Responds to member inquiries and requests
- Identifies member events and provides solutions via company products and services to meet their needs
- Provides members with guidance by applying foundational knowledge of products and services
- Identifies opportunities to deepen relationships in support of member financial security strategies
- Researches and resolves general disputes in a timely and efficient manner
- Performs routine with tasks under direct supervision and within established procedures and guidelines
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Graduation date cannot be prior to the end of the internship
Minimum Work Experience
- 0 to 1 year of customer contact experience required
- Experience multi-tasking within a Windows operating system environment required
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the hourly rate based on your experience and market position. The hourly rate for this position is: $16.00.
Interns are eligible to receive an intern stipend to assist with expenses.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
- Inside Sales Manager, Commercial Lines (100% Remote Work Environment) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Entry Level Insurance Professional – Sales and Service III -Work At Home Phoenix, Arizona
- Insurance Professional - Sales and Service II Phoenix, Arizona
- Property & Casualty Active Producer/Agent - Remote Colorado Springs, Colorado | San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida