Compliance Risk Manager SeniorLocation Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ; Job ID R0039300 Date posted Oct. 05, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobEnterprise Compliance Program Office – supporting Annual Compliance Plan Administration, Compliance Risk Assessment and Monitoring Oversight for the Enterprise
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
We are currently seeking a talented Compliance Risk Manager Senior for our Phoenix, AZ or Plano, TX or remote locations.
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Prior experience developing and executing second line of defense activities, programs and oversight
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams across an enterprise
- Experience in developing strategies and consulting on compliance initiatives
- Experience producing compliance reporting to various stakeholders
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/10/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- VP, Regulatory Affairs Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- R0039675 Director, Compliance - Life Insurance / Annuities Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Bank Compliance Risk Manager Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Model Risk Management Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas