Compliance Risk Manager Senior -Credit CardLocation Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0040826 Date posted Nov. 05, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobGuides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise-wide projects. Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments. Identifies compliance opportunities and potential solutions.
Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution
Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function.
Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s), and provides recommendations that influence business solutions.
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by promoting development of team relationships.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Utilizes strong leadership and collaboration skills interacting with project teams, regulatory agencies, and team members.
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Identifies potential compliance risks and coordinates with appropriate Compliance staff.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Leads efforts to improve standardization and efficiency of responses to regulators.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope of work assignment.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Mentors and enhances compliance staff knowledge competencies.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals.
- Bachelor's degree required Or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years Compliance work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Large bank consumer credit card compliance and regulatory experience
- CRCM designation
- Extensive relationship building experience
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Supervision and Controls Advisor I San Antonio, Texas
- Regulatory Relations Manager Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Credit Risk Analyst Senior - Real Estate San Antonio, Texas
- Regulatory Relations Analyst I Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida