Compliance Analyst II
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Compliance Analyst II
Purpose of JobProvides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
- Conducts reviews of laws and regulations for business impact.
- Maintains and applies maturing knowledge of the business, its products and processes to identify and escalate compliance issues.
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope of work assignment.
- May review business documents and forms to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, and provides relevant information to the business.
- Participates in compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 or more years relevant work experience in financial services or insurance industry.
- Working knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques with demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Audit Risk Assessment, Risk Management, Governance or Operational Control experience, in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment including: banking, insurance, or financial services.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Change management processes.
- Masters Degree, CFO, CPA, 0r financial background experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/18/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.