Compliance Analyst I - Fair LendingLocation Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0035620 Date posted Jul. 24, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Compliance Analyst I –Fair Lending for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Fair and Responsible Banking team work with the various business lines to help ensure practices and policies are appropriately designed to achieve compliance with all applicable fair lending laws and regulations. The fair lending team also collaborates with legal, risk, and audit functions, providing fair lending expertise related to regulatory compliance matters.
- Conducts reviews of laws and regulations for business impact and conveys requirements for awareness and action.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s), and provides information to the business or project teams.
- Ensures documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory requirements and enterprise policy.
- Identifies outstanding compliance issues and oversees proper implementation of business requirements.
- Participates in compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience required
- 4 or more years relevant work experience in financial services or insurance industry.
- Advanced Knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques with demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex analysis and provide insights and recommendations to business and/or compliance partners.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Sound knowledge of fair lending compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Solid skills in analyzing technical data, identifying trends and issues, and formulating effective solutions.
- Knowledge of how consumer financial products, such as mortgage and credit card are underwritten and priced.
- Understanding of the concepts of disparate impact, disparate treatment and redlining analysis.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple on-going assignments.
- Capable of leading independent compliance analysis to monitor fair lending risks associated with various aspects of the credit product life cycle from acquisition to servicing.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Commissioned Regulatory Examiner
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/30/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Investment Analyst I (CIO) San Antonio, Texas