Business Strategy Analyst SeniorLocation Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0030332 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobUses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy.
- Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Applies analytical rigor to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate and interpret business data. Translates findings into insights for strategy management and execution.
- Communicates the significance of strategic insights to the senior leaders and other key stakeholders.
- May provide guidance and on-the-job training to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience, OR Master's Degree and 4 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving.
- Experience bringing analytics to action using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience performing complex data analysis.
- 2 years of prior experience in banking.
- 2 years of prior experience in financial services.
- 2 years prior experience in risk management.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Investment Analyst I (CIO) San Antonio, Texas