Business Risk and Controls Advisor (Mid-Level) - IT/IS Risk Management (Remote Work Environment Available)
Purpose of JobThis position is available in the Phoenix or San Antonio office locations or available as 100% remote work environment.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, first line of defense risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Advises the business on how to strengthen and manage their control environment pertaining to oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls which may include the coordination of testing, root cause analysis, control design, and examining key risk metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Performs risk data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Partners with business owners to assist them in the identification of control failures and assesses the impact.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans and facilitates effective and timely risk remediation through action plan oversight; provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Maintains processes, procedures, and tools for managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring of resulting exception cases.
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Serves as a resource to team members.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- 4 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance-related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry or 4 years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline or advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 2 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities or PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline.
- Advanced Project Management skills preferred
- Working experience work with Regulatory Change Management, implementing laws or regulations.
- Experience work with compliance, assessments, or audit related engagements
- Experience with designing, creating, reviewing, testing and documenting controls
- Experience creating presentation decks and presenting on a weekly basis
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/28/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900.00 - $131,400.00
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
- AVP, Business Risk and Controls - Human Resources San Antonio, Texas
- Compliance Risk Manager Lead-Life Insurance Compliance San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Reporting Analyst Senior Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Compliance Risk Management-Legal Compliance San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Bank Credit Risk Lead San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida