Associate Actuary (Claims Analytics)Location Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0037915 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Associate Actuary for our Claims Analytics team in our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
The Associate Actuary coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Utilizes actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
- Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports.
- May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
- Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
- Identifies critical experience areas to monitor and suggest timely remedies to correct or prevent unfavorable trends.
- Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
- Tests pricing assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interests margins, reserves, and cash values for new products.
- Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of Actuarial/business/analytical experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 4 or more years Actuarial/business/analytical experience + ACAS
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects, manage competing priorities and prioritize workflow
- Experience with emerging analytical techniques and ability to learn new techniques quickly
- Experience managing internal metrics, data, and business intelligence strategies
- Experience designing business experiments to support a test and learn methodology
- Demonstrated ability to share data driven insights and influence business decisions/results
- Experience working with SAS, SQL, R, Python, Tableau or other analysis software
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills; ability to influence senior leadership and drive business results.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.