Sr Property Adjuster(field) - West Palm Beach, FL
Purpose of Job**$2,500 Sign-on Bonus available**
**Company Vehicle Provided**
**Looking for experienced Sr. Property Adjusters in the West Palm Beach, FL area**
Adjusters in this role will focus on utilizing technology and desk adjusting for a virtual first approach to inspections and claims handling and will also be responsible for physically inspecting losses within their locally assigned territory. Adjusters in this role may expect to travel outside of their local territory to respond to catastrophes in other regions when needed.
Within defined guidelines and framework, investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and settles complex property insurance claims presented by or against our members. Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure and negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with members’ life events, as appropriate.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve levels.
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and compliance.
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various sources, including the insured, third parties, and external resources.
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history, determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals, when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that involve additional information or considerations regarding settlement amount.
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of authority limits.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms. Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as needed to include working significant overtime; may involve deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct in-person inspections.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years’ relevant property claims adjusting experience of moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating platform.
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate complexity.
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- May require the ability to crouch and stoop to inspect confined spaces, to include attics and go beneath homes into crawl spaces.
- May need to meet all USAA safe driving requirements including verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driver’s license.
- May require the ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds to include lifting a ladder in and out of the trunk of a car.
- May require the ability to climb ladders and traverse roofs, this includes the ability to work at heights while inspecting roofs and attics.
- Prior experience adjusting property claims using virtual technologies
- Prior property field adjuster experience handling DWG, APS and ALE adjustments.
- Prior deployments in support of catastrophes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate within 30 mi of West Palm Beach, FL
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Military Veteran or Military Spouse
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $60,300.00 -$108,600.00 this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.