Military Affairs Representative II
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a Military Affairs Representative II to work in a 100% Remote Work Environment (this position must be located in the area of Columbus, GA/Montgomery, AL).
Assists in the development and execution of the Military Affairs Operational Plan that supports the Enterprise in attaining business goals and objectives. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex work that builds relationships with outside organizations, increases USAA Branding opportunities, enhances relations with members and prospects, and develops and implements outreach programs to select market segments. Develops solutions that improve the favorable image of USAA. Incumbents may be required to travel both locally and on extended overnight trips at a minimum of 120 days per year, which may include weekends.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Meets with military installation senior leadership to build relationships and develop business opportunity events in support of military members and their families.
- Utilizes maturing knowledge of USAA's full range of business products, services and programs available to improve relationships with leaders, members and prospects.
- Identifies and understands the intended goals of Military Affairs and USAA. Works as a military subject matter expert with USAA lines of business and staff agencies when access to military installations is required or when military expertise is essential to project success.
- Negotiates contracts and agreements as part of the business development to conduct USAA business at a wide range of face-to-face marketing and informational events.
- Leads cross functional teams in face-to-face marketing events both on and off military installations.
- Contributes to employee understanding of critical aspects of military life and culture.
- Represents all USAA lines of business and their products and services.
- Dialogues with members and provides feedback to senior management on issues, accolades and competitive intelligence.
- Manages assigned program expenses within annual budget.
- Bachelor's Degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 or more years of experience engaging the military community.
- Demonstrated understanding of tactical, operational and strategic planning, program development and project tracking, with the ability to create and understand business metrics.
- Developing knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and other software to develop analyses, charts and supporting documentation.
- Meets and maintains all USAA safety driving requirements.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Military assignment within the last two years serving in a senior military leadership position.
- Staff and leadership experience serving at a major military command or higher headquarters.
- Extensive knowledge of military leadership structure and military installation functions.
- Extensive knowledge of active duty, National Guard, military Reserve Forces programs and services.
- Ability to work weekends in support of active-duty, National Guard and Reserve Force activities as necessary.
- Ability to work long hours and travel a minimum of 120 days per year to include extended overnight trips to include weekends.
- 10-years or more experience engaging the military community.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds without injury to self or USAA property.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $54,800.00 - $98,700.00 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/20/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.