Product Management Director - MODERNIZATIONLocation Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida | Chesapeake, Virginia Secondary Locations Chesapeake,Virginia;Colorado Springs,Colorado;Phoenix,Arizona;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0040817 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobProduct Management Director – Auto Product Line – MODERNIZATION
We are seeking a Product Management Director for the Auto Product Line Group. This position can be in San Antonio, Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Tampa, or the Chesapeake office. If you are selected for this position and are a current remote/work at home employee, you can remain working remotely.
Supports the Product Management executive in the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products. Responsible for delivering regular status reports regarding various aspects of the product. Partners with resources to gather and synthesize information used to refine and expand product features. Collaborates with the Product Management Support team and other internal resources to create and disseminate information regarding changes and updates to product features.
- Leverages resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product strategy recommendations, as well as dashboards and metrics.
- Partners with Marketing to define and implement product strategy.
- Participates in the recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and distributes press briefings.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Operations.
- 4 or more years direct product management experience.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications.
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
- 5 or more years of Property & Casualty industry experience.
- 4+ years State and/or National Product Development/Management and implementation for P&C Auto Insurance.
- Demonstrated success implementing product offerings and/or rate revisions.
- Experience developing and driving P&C product strategy, product placement, underwriting, experience, and pricing from innovation to execution.
- Solid understanding of system capability needs as it relates to product changes and downstream impacts.
- Experience with foundational and tactical review of Auto product prioritization, strategy, enhancements, vendor integrations state specific deviations and system capability needs as it relates to the product lifecycle and flow.
- Experience working alongside system modernization efforts for recommendations, business decisions, product approvals and sequencing for a P&C product implementation to include go to market responsibilities.
- Involvement in modernization of technology, processes, people and information capabilities. Successful record of representing/translating business needs into system requirements.
- Experience indirectly leading multiple business units through product implementation while obtaining alignment from leadership.
- Demonstrated success in elevating the performance and impact of the Product/State management team holistically and individually.
- Leverages Flexible, Creative, and Curious mindset to solving business challenges.
- Employ a highly adaptive communication style with ability to effectively communicate complex terms to diverse audiences.
- Leverages a Change Agent leadership style both embracing and challenging culture where appropriate, in the spirit of improving business results.
- Leverages resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and acquire competitive intelligence.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Product Management Director – Credit Cards San Antonio, Texas
- Product Management Analyst Lead (P&C) Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida | Chesapeake, Virginia
- Product Management Analyst - Mid Level (P&C) Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida | Chesapeake, Virginia
- Product Management Executive San Antonio, Texas