Product Management Analyst I
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Product Management Analyst I
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a Product Management Analyst I for the San Antonio, Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Chesapeake or Tampa office. Please note that the selected person will work from one of our locations and is not available as a remote position.
Accountable for analyzing the profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the product life cycle. Incumbents support Product Managers and partner with other Centers of Excellence (COEs) to compile, analyze and interpret data to make strategic and tactical recommendations. Responsible for defining the business questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
- Partners with team members to evaluate profit, competitive and sales performance as compared to plan or key metrics.
- Consults and advises the Product Manager on information impacting their business goals.
- Interacts with stakeholders across the business to draw insights that drive the business goals (to include but not limited to: Marketing, Operations, SFO, Legal, Experiences, Digital platforms, etc.)
- Works with information technology and business analysts on improving capabilities.
- Formulates responses to member inquiries elevated by Member Contact teams, as necessary.
- Works with the broader product team to research internal and external information and partners to conduct data analyses to assist with product feasibility.
- Runs moderate statistical models and may present results of research and analysis to senior Product Management leadership, as necessary.
- Partners with the Product Manager in the development of product dashboards and metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 more years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience.
- Proficient knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Property & Casualty experience, particularly in one or more key functions (e.g., Product Management, Pricing, Underwriting, Finance, etc.).
- Proven complex data analytical experience and the ability to demonstrate an aptitude for pulling data as well as analyze trends to make recommendations to leadership.
- Proficient knowledge of SAS, SQL, Tableau or similar software.
- Highly effective communication and salesmanship skills leverages to teach, mentor, and influence business improvement.
- Demonstrated Bias for Action in an environment of ambiguity.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/20/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.