Information Governance Advisor LeadLocation Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Colorado Springs,Colorado;Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida;San Antonio,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ; Job ID R0044485 Date posted Mar. 25, 2020 Apply Now
Purpose of JobProvides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Leads, motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Directs the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
- Provides strategic partnership to anticipate opportunities for information/data management governance activities and projects.
- Influences implementation of information governance and best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
- Influences/drives business awareness of information/data governance through work activities to include awareness forums.
- Authors information governance guidelines, principles, policies, and standards for information / data stewards, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Orchestrates audits of information governance capabilities through subject matter experts.
- Develops prioritization methods for and implementation plans for information governance initiatives.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying expert knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes to include providing advice on satisfying regulatory requirements related to information governance and management.
- Leads the assessment and coordination of information governance training requirements and learning objectives for the enterprise.
- Prepares formal reports and presentations of findings and recommendations; presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
A Master's degree in Business or Science discipline.
A PhD in Business or Science discipline.
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience.
If Master's Degree, 6 or more years experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience.
If PhD, 5 or more years experience in business analytics or business intelligence experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 5 years of experience in implementing the data management best practices in data development and business product delivery.
- 5 years of experience in Information Management including data design, ETL, data quality and metadata.
- 5 years of experience in facilitating stakeholder forums and working groups.
- Prior Experience in developing, implementing and training on data policies, standards, processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in developing Data Governance and Data Management Strategy, road map(s).
- Enterprise level BI technology roll-outs from the conception of idea through implementation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with Enterprise Architecture, Info-Sec, Enterprise Governance and other internal technology teams.
- Actively engaged in Assessment, Planning, Establishment and Execution of Analytics Initiatives.
- Experience in building Data Governance and Data Management Practice Development / COE Initiatives.
- Well-grounded in Management Reporting, regulatory exam support, facilitating stakeholder forums.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 3/31/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Rules Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Data Management Process & Control Specialist Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Information Governor Advisor I – Bank Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Information Governance Advisor I - Mid Level Tampa, Florida