Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Experience Owner for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III, Chesapeake, Tampa Campus, Tampa Crosstown,Plano Legacy, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus or Remote.
Responsible for creating and executing cross-channel experiences and/or Business Deliverables. Understands the business performance of the experience and its financial impact on the business. Responsible for the risk, controls and mitigation strategies for experiences through consistent use and application of existing frameworks and follows documented risk and compliance policies and procedures for all business activities. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures these risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored and controlled.
**The Retail Bank Deposits team sits in the USAA Federal Savings Bank and is a team of Experience Owners and/or Product Managers responsible for creating and executing cross-channel experiences and/or Business Deliverables. We are currently looking for several Deposit Experience Owners.
These Experience Owners are responsible for creating and executing cross-channel Deposit experiences related to:
• Person to person payments and disbursements
• Bill pay
We are also looking for results-focused thought-leaders who are experienced at managing member/customer satisfaction, using agile methodologies, applying user centered design, mitigating principal banking risks (operational, regulatory, reputational, strategic risks), and leading the financial impacts the experience drives to the deposits business. We also prefer candidates with analytical backgrounds and a working knowledge of the Deposits industry.**
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Manages experience lifecycle from conception to release, iteration and maintenance, optimizing the outcome for the product/experience while prioritizing work to ensure delivery to experience expectations.
- Leverages human-centered design methodology with key stakeholders, partners, and process owners to drive design improvements for end users.
- Facilitates and drives the end to end ownership and management of experiences and processes to members and/or employees.
- Aligns focus of stakeholders towards a unified experience that serves Members’, Employees and business needs.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), member insights, and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs); ensures correct data and instrumentation for the experience and related sub-processes; uses data to improve experiences.
- Partners with Enterprise stakeholders to promote Member experiences and/or Business Deliverables that are aligned to strategic outcomes and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Partners with process owners to ensure ongoing documentation and process certification and experience(s) which includes control plans, understanding the tools used in the respective process or experience, identification and measurement of metrics for success and adherence to applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging CoSA and business process risks across all activities and ensures these risks are effectively measured, monitored and controlled.
- Understands acceptable performance limits and establishes and leads management routines and control plans to monitor performance and react accordingly when the process is out of acceptable limits.
- Understands primary regulations commonly applicable to regulated products and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 6 years of relevant experience in product development, marketing, strategy, digital, process, or user experience design OR Master's Degree and 4 years of relevant experience in product development, marketing, strategy, digital, process or user experience design.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 5 or more years of dedicated bank experience with Deposits programs or portfolios
- 3 or more years experience with Banking Payments products, risk management, laws and regulations
- 2 or more years experience in delivering product improvements using Agile methodology
- Experience with at least one of the follow bill payments, Zelle or other person-to-person (P2P), disbursements, or wires
- Experience working with major contracts/suppliers
- Strong thought leadership and demonstrated ability to set and translate strategy and vision into execution
- Experience interacting with and managing relationships with a broad set of stakeholders (audit, legal, compliance, management, regulatory agencies and business partners)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/27/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.