Director, Business ArchitectureLocation Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Colorado Springs,Colorado;Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida;Tampa,Florida;REMOTE,ZZ; Job ID R0045572 Date posted Mar. 24, 2020 Apply Now
Purpose of JobManages and oversees the enterprise business architecture processes to align and integrate strategic capability delivery. Leads a team that facilitates the development of operational designs (people, process, technology and information) capable of achieving strategic objectives through the solution delivery process. Partners with executive management to set the agenda for business architecture practice and ensure people, process and tools are in place in order to deliver the agenda. Responsible for the development and management of enterprise models, tools and standards that elevate the practice of business architecture, improve business decision-making and increase operational efficiency and growth capacity for the enterprise. Accountable for driving consistent cross-CoSA practices and integration, quality standards and business architecture practice governance.
- Leads and sustains a team of high performing professionals that deliver exceptional results.
- Selects, develops and supports team in the attainment of project goals and objectives.
- Creates conditions to succeed by empowering the team, providing timely coaching and feedback, and facilitating professional development and challenging opportunities.
- Sets the agenda to build and develop the Business architecture practice and ensure people, process and tools are in place to effectively deliver the agenda.
- Maintains, optimizes and elevates the practice of USAA business architecture, through best-in-class practice, training and in continuing to mature the discipline at an Enterprise level.
- Provides business architecture thought leadership, partners with stakeholders to build a service catalog and develop a business architect curriculum.
- Develops and leads effective execution of business architecture processes.
- Directs and coordinates effective facilitation of workshops to develop capability models to help business leaders understand the size of the journey.
- Leads team in developing roadmaps, describing milestones and conditions for success.
- Manages resources to ensure optimum efficiency and effective services.
- Bachelor's Degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years professional experience in business architecture to include strategy impact analysis, conceptual and solution design, planning, solution delivery oversight (i.e., process design, business requirements, and change management).
- 3 or more years leadership experience or direct management experience of individual contributors or team with direct line of responsibility.
- Expert experience leading cross-functional teams without direct authority.
- Demonstrated experience producing and effectively delivering concise presentations to senior executives.
- Expert level of business acumen in financial services industry.
- Significant retail banking industry experience
- Extensive experience with BPM solutions implementation (e.g. Pega, Appian).
- Experience with citizen development practices within a BPM framework
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.