Business Strategy and Planning DirectorLocation Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida | Chesapeake, Virginia Secondary Locations Chesapeake,Virginia;Colorado Springs,Colorado;Phoenix,Arizona;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0038401 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobJob Posting Title
Business Strategy and Planning Director
This role will be in support of strategy and operations planning for the P&C Distribution and Service Digital team.
Leads company and/or staff area (CoSA) executive management to identify, develop and communicate specific business strategies across CoSA functional areas, utilizing expert knowledge of USAA, industry, business development, and financial planning. Leads strategic analyses of business needs and environmental trends in support of business strategy development and planning processes and, as appropriate, enterprise strategy and planning processes. Conducts business strategy reviews to assess progress of strategy achievement. Performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution across multiple disciplines.
We are currently seeking a talented Business Strategy and Planning Director for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office I, Chesapeake, Colorado Springs Campus, Phoenix Campus, Remote or Tampa Campus.
- Drives the development and coordination of CoSA strategy.
- Works with CoSA executive management to establish strategic framework that enables short and long-term business goals and objectives.
- Develops specific processes to manage the business strategic planning process.
- Maintains and aligns business process and frameworks to USAA enterprise strategy process and framework.
- Builds and maintains CoSA specific strategic roadmaps to ensure deliverables are met (current and future).
- Maintains responsibility of change management plans and strategies for large, complex business specific initiatives that often impact the organization and/or enterprise.
- Performs primary and secondary research and analysis and synthesizes findings on market, industry, consumer and competitor trends.
- Guides less experienced team members as they perform research and analysis.
- Supports CoSA executive leadership with the design and coordination of the annual strategic planning and operational planning processes.
- Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- 8 or more years professional work experience.
- 5 or more years related business experience.
- 4 or more years planning and execution experience.
- 4 or more years work experience in a role that directly contributed to business short-term and/or long-term goals inside USAA or externally.
- Demonstrated business acumen in financial services and a proven ability to balance strategic thinking with practical implementation skills.
- Expert level effective executive level communications and facilitation experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively within a matrixed team and with senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills and attributes such as attention to detail, organizational and time-management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (i.e., construction of White Papers, executive summaries, email briefings, slide presentations, etc.).
- Experience in strategic planning and/or operational planning to include reporting, department budgets and expense management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with program/project management
- Experience working in a digital function such as Digital Product Management, Digital Experience Development, Digital Marketing, Digital Optimization, Digital Analytics, Information Technology, eCommerce, Web Design, Digital Account Management
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 9/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.