Business Architect SeniorLocation Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations Colorado Springs,Colorado;Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida;Tampa,Florida;REMOTE,ZZ; Job ID R0044666 Date posted Mar. 24, 2020 Apply Now
Purpose of JobLeads and facilitates cross-functional teams including partners from enterprise strategy, business management (i.e., requirements development), process engineering, change management, IT, HR (i.e., organizational design) and business leadership in the development of operational designs (people, process, technology and information) capable of achieving strategic objectives through the solution delivery process. Plays a key role in structuring and integrating the business in terms of governance / accountability, business functions, business processes, and business information. Serves as a transformation agent to champion innovative initiatives at the enterprise, CoSA or unit level. Manages initiatives of significant scope and complexity. Provides guidance to team members in the development and delivery of their work products critical to goal achievement and team success. Provides insight to management on issues.
- Leads and facilitates cross-functional, collaborative teams in transformational initiatives using business architecture principles to ensure target state is achieved.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of assigned and related business domains and business architecture discipline.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product.
- Develops training materials and educates partners and peers on strategies, processes, and procedures.
- Captures and understands the business goals, objectives, metrics, and measures, and targets to provide traceability through the organization.
- Ensures that business architecture target state design aligns to and enables business and enterprise goals and objectives.
- Performs current state assessments against target state to identify people, process, technology, and information gaps.
- Utilizes the current state assessments and architectural designs to participate in the development of transformation roadmap(s).
- Develops and maintains working relationships with business leaders/strategy owners. Advises executive roles through objective metrics of progress and recommended directional changes to current and future state.
- Provides written or verbal counsel, correspondence, and or develop presentations to/for executive levels, as necessary.
- Analyzes the current business environment to detect critical deficiencies and identify improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years business architecture experience to include strategy impact analysis, conceptual and solution design, planning, solution delivery oversight (i.e., process design, business requirements, and change management), and solution performance analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of modeling, simulation, and analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of industry tools (e.g., capability models and roadmaps, process models, interaction diagrams, use cases, business cases, cost/benefit and ROI analysis).
- Advanced knowledge of processing engineering methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of business operations and the key business drivers.
- Advanced experience facilitating large, cross-functional work groups.
- Demonstrated experience operating in a highly collaborative environment with a strong ability to influence.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Deep Retail Banking industry experience within specific product discipline (deposits, disputes, credit card, consumer lending).
- Experience in Business Architecture strategy/solution design.
- Strong knowledge of Retail Banking regulations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 3/30/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.