Inside Property Adjuster - Mid Level
At USAA, we prove our commitment every day. Our attorneys and legal support teams provide the highest level of service in the industry, because they share the values of members – the men and women who serve our military. Whether it’s providing counsel on business processes, assuring products and services meet regulatory requirements or preparing legal documents, there’s always a greater purpose. Come build a meaningful career and drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Inside Property Adjuster - Mid Level at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
Here's what our people are saying
“We at USAA Staff Counsel Offices are client-focused and results driven. What makes USAA shine is the feeling that everyone’s working as a team towards a common goal. Each person I encounter here is truly excited and committed to doing the right thing. Being supported and supporting others never felt so good.”
Dan JohnsonSenior Trail Attorney
“USAA puts our Members first, ensuring their experience is as easy and stress-free as possible. But it also empowers all employees to be the very best they can be, supporting them in realizing an important mission.”
Courtney Hansen Trial Attorney
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Inside Property Adjuster - Mid Level
Purpose of JobWe are seeking experienced Inside Property Adjusters to join our team. This is a desk position, with no field inspection work. Multiple positions are available.
Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and adjusts moderately complex property claims presented by or against or insured to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitability settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. Works under limited supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolutions. Recognizes life events, understands member’s needs and provides advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to members. Adjusters must be able to balance the competing priorities of being available to take inbound claims calls as well as maintaining their desk and current pending’s.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides PROPERTY claims service via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail/) to members and third-party customers.
- Adjusts moderately complex property claims.
- Severity of claims includes personal property claims involving moderate to high dollar value, structure claims involving low to moderate dollar value and severity and writing UPP and low valued dwelling estimates.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages, and USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Collaborates with team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CATs
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of relevant property claims adjusting experience.
- Acquisition and maintenance of insurance adjuster license within 90 days and designated number of attempts.
- Intermediate knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating platform.
- Developing knowledge of XactAnalysis, Xact Contents, or similar tools and platforms.
- Developing knowledge of property claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Strong estimate writing skills using Xactimate
- 2+ years relevant residential property claims adjusting experience, to include personal property and dwelling
- In office property claims handling experience
- Field inspection experience
- Experience scoping the loss, writing an estimate, and managing loss
- Knowledge of homeowner property policies and endorsements
- Currently hold an active Adjuster license
- Prior experience working directly for a standard insurance provider
- Demonstration of pursuit of insurance related self-development (i.e. insurance designation).
- Available to work 9:00am-5:30pm M-F local time with availability for occasional evenings and weekends as business need dictates.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.