Tax Analyst Senior
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Tax Analyst Senior for our San Antonio or Charlotte facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Responsible for all aspects of USAA's corporate tax liability to include preparation and maintenance of tax records, income tax withholding deposits, returns, and other related materials. Will possess a proficient knowledge of tax laws and regulations for their tax specialty which may include but not limited to local, State, Federal, International, Real Estate, and Information Reporting and Withholding. Researches and advises business leaders on potential impacts from new and changing tax laws and regulations and provide tax options to reduce tax burden. Advises on tax strategies within the department and/or the business and may participates as SME for projects related to tax. May lead certain aspects of tax audit responsibilities at the request of tax management.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Researches, analyzes, interprets, and applies complex federal and state tax laws, regulations, and court or other regulatory agencies' rulings or decisions to meet compliance requirements.
- Proactively makes recommendations to management to mitigate tax impacts.
- Leads special projects, proactively develops and implements tax planning strategies.
- Prepares and/or reviews highly complex Federal and state income, sales, premium and information tax returns, including the analysis of compiled data and GAAP and STAT accounting treatment, computing current and cumulative tax adjustments, and completing required forms and schedules.
- Leads high-risk tax audit issues in coordination with tax peers and cross functional teams.
- Calculates and/or reviews forecasted and actual financial statement current and deferred tax amounts in accordance with GAAP and STAT accounting rules and prepares tax footnote disclosures.
- Proactively communicates tax impacts on performance measures and variances and suggests potential options to mitigate negative effects.
- Prepares and/or reviews tax-related deliverables related to stress testing and risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar business concentration required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- If Bachelor’s degree 6 years of tax accounting, research or analysis experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects in corporate tax required. OR If Master's, 4 years of tax accounting, research or analysis experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects in corporate tax required.
- 2 years’ experience recommending alternative tax treatments to alleviate or reduce tax burdens in a corporate environment in accordance with applicable laws.
- Experience developing effective tax strategies to internal leadership.
- Experience with compliance, regulatory, and risk management guidelines in corporate tax.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- JD degree, CPA license, or Masters in Tax or Banking.
- Experience in life insurance products, annuities, or other tax-favored retirement plans.
- Exposure to IRC Sections 7702, 101(f), 7702(A), 72, 408(a), 403(b) or other qualified retirement arrangements.
- Experience in tax reporting or withholding a plus.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 - $158,900*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.