Principal Risk Management, Data Management and Governance Oversight,(Remote Work Available)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a Principal Risk Management (Data Management and Governance Oversight) (Remote Work Available) for our Charlotte, NC, San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; or 100% remote work from home.
This position will be focused solely on the Oversight of Data Management and Governance domain.
Responsible for providing direct 2nd line of defense (LOD) risk oversight for USAA’s Information Technology/Information Security (IT/IS) business function which includes developing and executing a comprehensive risk management coverage plan. Establishes enterprise-wide standards for 2nd LOD IT/IS risk reporting and ensures IT/IS risk reporting is appropriately tailored to meet the standards of the Board, senior management, and other key stakeholders within the organization.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Establishes and maintains an Enterprise risk governance framework that supports enterprise-wide standard operating policies and procedures that are aligned with the USAA Board’s risk appetite, the company’s business and strategic objectives, and regulatory expectations.
- Reviews and evaluates the Third-Party Risk Management Program and incorporates the applicable requirements into the Enterprise IT Risk Governance Program.
- Accountable for assessing business unit level policies, standards and procedures developed and implemented by the business units to ensure they are in alignment with and support the Enterprise policies, standards and procedures.
- Evaluates and challenges the completeness and accuracy of the 1st LOD’s enterprise-wide Data process risk and control inventory; conducts validation testing and reviews to ensure the recommended corrective actions to 1st and 2nd LOD identified issues are complete, sustainable and effective.
- Continually evaluates information technology, information security and data risk developments, strategic and operating plans, stress points and changes in operating processes to identify potential risks which may impact the data operating and control environment.
- Reviews and monitors identified material data internal and external risks and emerging potential threats and ensures risk mitigation action is taken as necessary.
- Assesses the enterprise information technology systems and information security protocols to ensure they are secure to support the businesses’ processing environment and are adequately controlled to appropriately mitigate IT/IS risks
- Bachelor's degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 years of Information Technology/Information Security (IT/IS) experience in a financial services and/or banking industry to include 6 years of specific risk management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in applying IT/IS risk frameworks such as risk governance, control effectiveness measurement, process, risk and control analysis, and risk management coverage plan (monitoring, assessment and testing).
- In-depth knowledge of cyber security, information security, fraud risk management, data risk management, customer authentication and identification access processes and controls.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence effectively across all Lines of Defense
- Experience with data analysis, data governance, data standards, business data modeling, metadata, data quality, and/or reporting processes and tools
- Strong knowledge of data governance frameworks, risks, controls, and data-related regulations/standards (e.g. BCBS 239, GDPR, CCPA, GLBA, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Relevant risk and data certifications
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $155,400- $279,800**(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is available for this position