Financial Reporting Analyst Senior
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Financial Reporting Analyst Senior for our San Antonio or Charlotte facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Serves as key contributor in preparation and delivery of financial statements and regulatory reports and analysis used by internal and external stakeholders to meet regulatory and compliance reporting requirements. Proven ability to perform appropriate research, prepare and review complex financial and regulatory reports, solve problems and completes significant business and operational analytics while adhering to internal controls over financial reporting. Supports audits and examinations and interacts frequently with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Develops and implements processes to facilitate the end-to-end delivery of complex financial and regulatory reporting to include Bank Holding Company reporting, Enterprise GAAP reporting, P&C and Life Insurance STAT reporting, and / or investment reporting.
- Acquires and applies demonstrated knowledge of appropriate and applicable industry practices and USAA business and products relevant impacting the financial statements.
- Applies professional skepticism to Interpret and understand financial results and regulatory information as well as business and financial statement interrelationships, and provide informed, proactive analysis and business insights for analytical review to enable effective decision-making for financial and regulatory reporting.
- Prepares and reviews complex financial and regulatory reports in addition to audited statements and support schedules.
- Performs procedures and identifies and implements improvements in accordance with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Interacts regularly with management, regulatory agencies, and business partners (i.e., internal and external audit, treasury, compliance and legal, etc.) to ensure appropriate discussion and execution of requisite actions.
- Monitors, analyzes and interprets new, proposed and changes to financial reporting requirements to determine the impact to USAA.
- Serves as an advisor to management and serves as valued and trusted resource to team members as well as a mentor to peers and team members.
- Drafts and delivers disclosures, technical memos, and delivers presentations and other supporting documentation
- Partners with areas across the enterprise to ensure correct and timely receipt of supporting information.
- Plans and prioritizes maintenance of processes, procedures, tools and resources.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years experience preparing and delivering financial statements and regulatory reports in the financial services industry.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications including Excel.
- 4 years experience conducting research and preparing business and operational financial analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in insurance external reporting industry preferably in property and casualty and/or life insurance.
- Technical proficiency in NAIC Accounting Practices and Procedure Manual on the Statutory Statement of Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in annual statement software such as The Complete Package or Wings Plus.
- Experience and proficiency in Workiva Wdesk application.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.