Director, Modeling Analytics-AML/Sanctions
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Modeling Analytics, for either our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Charlotte-Concord, NC or Tampa, FL facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Responsible for reviewing monitoring scenarios and controls, system controls, operational reports, as well as model design and development with a goal of adding rigor to the overall monitoring program. Key considerations will include review of control development, testing, and use, control classification, and control documentation.
Effectively manages and leads a team that develops and analyzes data to predict business results or member behavior. Technically proficient in statistics, mathematics, and tools used in predictive modeling. Partners cross-functionally with business to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Builds and manages a strong modeling analytics team.
- Establishes performance objectives and provides ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Frequently interacts with business partners to identify opportunities for predictive analytics to drive business strategy and results forward.
- Delivers insight to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support loss prediction, assess member value, predict member behavior or financial performance and other business applications.
- Full ownership of the model development process and relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation,
- implementation, business user training and support.
- Develops and provides subject matter expertise on the current and emerging predictive modeling techniques for various areas within the financial services industry.
- Monitors and understands emerging technology that can affect modeling and potential business risk.
- Educates and coaches peers and business partners to leverage predictive analytical solutions.
- Coordinates with legal counsel to ensure regulatory compliance regarding model design and the acquisition and usage of data for segmentation and modeling purposes..
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience in statistical analysis and model development; or if Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field then 6 years progressive data modeling experience.
- 3 years of team lead or management experience required.
- Expert knowledge of key econometric and statistical techniques (predictive modeling, logistic regression, survival analysis, design of experiments, decision trees, data mining methods, and other advanced statistical and econometric techniques).
- Knowledgeable in Data Modeling and Data warehouse concepts
- Experience in data modeling (dimensional and other techniques using modeling tools) along with transactional systems, data warehouses and data marts.
- Proficiency with design, conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Experience leading a quantitative team and/or significant modeling projects
- Experience in fraud or compliance risk modeling development
- Strong SAS, SQL, R, and/or Python programming
- Experience with visualization business intelligence tools (BI)
- Experience working with business and risk control
- Clear and concise communicator
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- CAMS Certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.