Director, Enterprise Accounting (Hybrid)
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Enterprise Accounting for our San Antonio, Plano or Charlotte facility.
Responsible for oversight of day-to-day accounting and managing the monthly close activities for USAAs consolidated general ledgers which include the following: property and casualty insurance, life insurance, banking, investment management, merchandise and alliance services and employee benefit plans (Companies). This includes accounting for transactions related to investments, intercompany cost sharing arrangements, payroll, residual market and reinsurance activities, securitizations, consolidations, and all other journal entries and accruals appropriate for the reporting period. In addition, this role will be involved in producing and analyzing internal management reports and supporting strategic business initiatives.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Coordinates the monthly and quarterly preparation of GAAP and Statutory financial information by the fourth business day.
- Reviews and implements accounting rules and regulations, including updating applicable accounting policies.
- Supervises and reviews corporate and consolidated accounting books and records.
- Liaises with line of business financial teams and maintains adequate and timely reporting relationships.
- Oversees internal control documentation, monitoring and testing.
- Manages monthly and quarterly GAAP benefit plans financials.
- Coordinates account signoff process for reporting units including monitoring monthly/quarterly signoff completion and account review testing.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; OR a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field coupled with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of relevant work experience performing standard accounting functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing financial results for internal and external purposes or other similar experience.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Experience demonstrating proficiency of GAAP and STAT Accounting Standards.
- Highly motivated team player and leader that is detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and manage multiple responsibilities under tight time frames.
- Strong technical, analytical, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with strong relationship and collaboration skills.
- Ability to drive change across a large operation utilizing strong influencing skills.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations, to include: Reg W.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Prior enterprise consolidation experience
- Experience working in a complex financial institution
- Experience with Oracle GL/FCCS
- CPA designation
- Statutory Accounting experience
- Strong internal controls experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.