Director, Business Operations Analytics-AML Sanctions
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Business Operations Analytics, for either our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Charlotte-Concord, NC or Tampa, FL facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Directs control operations team within the AML Operational Controls group. This leader will direct a team that maintains knowledge of AML operational controls environment to ensure holistic system health across areas of responsibility. Identifies, develops, and recommends improvements to control systems, processes and service delivery performance goals/objectives across all monitoring channels that provide efficient operations, increase productivity and align to functional objectives. Monitors and analyzes production of operational control products and processes, control process efficiencies and monitoring systems to maintain effectiveness and develop strategies for improvement, growth and increased internal customer satisfaction. Communicate project plans and organizes and champions related changes by eliminating roadblocks to successful implementation. Designs and leads production incident management processes.
Develops, implements, and oversees the operations analytics direction and leads team responsible for providing effective consulting and strategic recommendations and solutions. Leads projects and partners effectively with other functional areas such as Information Technology to successfully execute new capabilities on technology, tools, and other analytical business models. Provides subject matter expertise on all matters of business analytical or operational data needs to integrate data analytics into business processes and improve business performance.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads data reporting to identify reporting opportunities, analytics and complex projects this includes retirement of reports and promotion of advanced self-service capabilities.
- A strategic partner and subject matter expert in consulting and advising business partners on ad hoc or undefined matters related to business analytics and decision support solutions.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to utilize advanced data delivery and business solutions techniques to optimize their contribution to resolving business issues.
- Interacts and influences across key enterprise stakeholders to deliver and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the data reporting, analytics and complex projects deliverables needs.
- Manages the Information delivery experience and risks to ensures teams maintain understanding of business processes, supporting data and applications and strategic direction.
- Subject-matter-expert knowledge of information systems to provide business and technical guidance to internal clients.
- Oversees business processes, supporting data and applications and strategic direction.
- Provides input on strategic insights to senior leaders and key stakeholder that contribute to functional objectives.
- Partners with enterprise analytics teams to build USAA core analytics capabilities and processes.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development, retention, coaching and support, performance management, and managerial activities.
- Fosters proactive communication between business/enterprise processes and analytics team to improve delivery, value and integration of analytics into business/enterprise processes.
- Influences design of Enterprise Standards for Business Intelligence, Data, and Business Analytics
- Provides mentorship to CoSA and analytics analysts.
- Provides staff guidance on business and technical development.
- Partners with leaders to set vision and plan for analytics roadmaps and plans.
- Influences use for of emerging technologies and their application toward business solutions.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related degree discipline required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of reporting and/or data management experience with accountability for complex tasks and/or projects leveraging applicable tools and languages (Example: SQL, Python, GGplot, Tableau)
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Extensive experience in consulting and influencing key stakeholders on business analytics, data trends and data driven recommendations
- Proven experience with data mining, complex data manipulation, and report development, information systems and identifying key insights to translate into business solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deliver information effectively and influence all levels of management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable compliance, risk and regulatory data requirements and ability to develop, document, and maintain policy/procedures in adherence to these requirements.
- Subject-matter-expert level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Experience leading within an operational controls environment
- Experience in risk control management
- Experience with visualization business intelligence (BI) processes and tools
- Experience working with business and risk controls
- Clear and concise communicator
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- CAMS Certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.