Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Investigator Sr.
Purpose of JobPerforms a variety of investigative duties to assist the Enterprise with compliance of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), USA PATRIOT Act, and other AML program requirements. Responsible for investigating transactional data to report potential money laundering, terrorist financing (ML/TF), and other illicit activities. Participates and supports other AML projects.
This position is available in our San Antonio, TX, Charlotte, NC, or Tampa, FL USAA locations.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Utilizes an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) case management tool and internal systems to manage team workload while adhering to staff quality and performance.
- Utilizes expert knowledge of financial products, systems, and process in all lines of business to identify and aid staff in detecting suspicious ML/TF activity.
- Acts as a BSA and AML SME to identify process improvements, respond to inquiries from internal business partners and provide content for various training initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of new rules, regulations and reputational risks to assist in development, implementation and revision of current policies and procedures.
- Identifies and recommends potential solutions while investigating ML/TF activity
Ensures regulatory compliance by providing BSA/AML SME through review of the investigative process, QA/QC trends, and provides communication of results to management and team members.
- Responsible for performing quality control by reviewing case output involving suspected ML/TF activities.
- Serves as a mentor to investigative team by providing SME coaching and feedback related to AML & OFAC.
- Bachelor's degree. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of financial crimes investigative work experience to include AML, financial institution or law enforcement data evidence gathering, analysis and decision making
- Strong knowledge, application and communication of Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC or other AML regulatory policies
- Expert investigative and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership, prioritization and analytic experience in the AML domain.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate to all levels of management including executive management.
- Experience performing analysis on AML functions such as: AML alerts, investigations, transactional analysis and reviewing member profiles.
- Advanced Degree.
- ACAMS, CFE, or CAFP certified.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting.
- Ability to work independently and accurately prioritize workload with minimal supervision
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900.00 - $131,400.00 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.